Men denne feilen er fortsatt ikke rettet.
Microsoft har lansert en valgfri oppdatering for Windows 10 1903, som dytter versjonsnummeret opp til 18362.387.
Ettersom oppdateringen er valgfri, må du selv søke etter den via Windows Update.
Oppdateringen inneholder en rekke feilrettinger. De samme feilrettingene kommer til å bli lansert i neste måneds «Patch Tuesday», men du kan altså installere dem allerede nå.
Oppdateringen inneholder følgende feilrettinger:
- Addresses an issue that causes vertical fonts to be larger when printing to a PostScript printer.
- Addresses an issue that causes printing from 32-bit applications to fail with an “Access is denied” error when you select Run as different user for the application.
- Addresses an issue that may give write access to a removable USB disk when a user switches from a privileged user to an unprivileged user.
- Addresses an issue that causes the lsass.exe service to stop working, which causes the system to shut down. This occurs when migrating Data Protection API (DPAPI) credentials using dpapimig.exe with the -domain option.
- Addresses an issue that gives a Windows Hello for Business user two certificates for authentication during certificate renewal instead of one certificate.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a web browser from connecting securely to Windows Server. This occurs when using a client authentication certificate, such as a SHA512-based certificate, and the web browser does not support a signature algorithm that matches the certificate.
- Addresses an issue that may cause authentication to fail for certificate-based authentication when the certificate authentication includes a cname as part of the pre-authentication request.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a Microsoft App-V application from opening and displays a network failure error. This issue occurs under certain circumstances, such as when a system’s battery is low or there is an unexpected power failure.
- Addresses an issue that causes a query request of the Win32_LogonSession class for the StartTime to display the value of the epoch (for example, 1-1-1601 1:00:00) instead of the actual logon time. This occurs when a user who isn’t an administrator creates the query request.
- Addresses an issue that causes File Explorer to show a regular file icon for files marked with FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE instead of the expected placeholder icon.
- Addresses an issue with intermittent virtual private network (VPN) disconnections on cellular networks.
- Addresses an issue that may cause audio playback and recording to fail when connecting to a remote virtual machine.
- Addresses an issue with MSCTF.dll that causes an application to stop working.
- Addresses an issue with the input and display of special characters that occurs when an app uses imm32.dll.
- Addresses an issue with resizing Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications; they may not respond to being resized using the mouse until you release the mouse button.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent older systems from upgrading to the latest operating systems because of an error in the display driver of older versions.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the screen color to turn white on laptops that have built-in, high-dynamic-range (HDR) screens.
- Addresses an issue with converting an application from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture.
- Addresses an issue that prevents you from running the Active Directory Diagnostics Data Collector Set from the Performance Monitor for Domain Controllers. This causes the Data Collector Set name to appear empty. Running the Active Directory Diagnostics Data Collector Set returns the error, “The system cannot find the file specified.” Event ID 1023 is logged with the source as Perflib and the following messages:
- “Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL “C:\Windows\system32\ntdsperf.dll.”
- “The specified module could not be found.”
- Addresses an issue that causes audio in certain games to be quieter or different than expected.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft App-V from handling a parameter of the CreateProcess API properly, which prevents the virtual process from opening.
- Addresses an issue in which the maximum central processing unit (CPU) performance is not enabled when you select the High Performance power plan.
- Provides a way to configure the read buffer size. This allows you to address an issue with slow upload times when uploading a file to a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) share using the Internet Information Services (IIS) Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) feature.
- Addresses an issue that causes a device to stop working when opening files from a network drive that has client-side caching enabled. This issue may occur when the device has certain third-party antivirus products installed and the drive is backed by a server that is not a Microsoft Server Message Block (SMB) server. The error code is, “0x27 RDR_FILE_SYSTEM.”
- Facilitates the configuration of devices that are managed by mobile device management (MDM) settings, which are created by ADMX ingestion. You can update a previously ingested ADMX file with a newer version, and you are not required to delete the previous ADMX file. This solution applies to all applications that use ADMX ingestion.
Men hva med Surface Book 2?
Surface Book 2-problemet, som har eksistert helt siden mai, er fortsatt ikke fikset. Brukere kan derfor – fortsatt – oppleve at grafikkortet forsvinner fra Enhetsbehandling. Spill som krever at det dedikerte grafikkortet brukes vil i enkelte tilfeller nekte å starte.
Det er kun Surface 2-maskiner med dedikert Nvidia-grafikkort som er berørt av feilen. Det hele skyldes et kompatibilitetsproblem, bekreftet Microsoft i sommer.
«Microsoft har identifisert et kompatibilitetsproblem på noen Surface Book 2-enheter konfigurert med Nvidias dediderte grafikkprosesseringsenhet (dGPU). Etter oppdateringen til Window 10, versjon 1903 (…), vil noen apper og spill som trenger å utføre intensive grafikkoperasjoner plutselig skru seg av eller ikke være i stand til å åpnes», skriver Microsoft i et support-dokument.
«Vi jobber med en løsning og vil tilby en oppdatering i en kommende lansering», skrev selskapet i juli.
Men mens vi skriver september på kalenderen er problemet fortsatt ikke rettet…